Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dancing in the Rain

A few nights ago I was partly in charge of an activity for hundreds of young single adults. The committee I serve on planned a fantastic romp at a local wilderness jaunt, complete with mingling, games, pies, a bonfire, and s'mores. It was a huge success! And yes, I ran around barefoot.

I arrived about an hour and a half before the activity was scheduled to start, to help get everything ready. My shoes came off almost immediately. I love walking barefoot in the dirt! To my delight, God saw fit to shower us with a fluke summer rain storm. It began to pour, and I danced barefoot in the mountains in a shower of raindrops. Best ever.

Some people joined me, others looked at me like I was crazy, and some maintained their decorum while looking at me with a little envy in their eyes. Sure I was wet for the rest of the night, and yeah my feet were kinda dirty after running around barefoot for 5 hours, but it was so worth it! I think all of us need to just let go sometimes--to relax and release our tension and stress while embracing the beauty of this world, if only for a moment.

Never be afraid to dance barefoot in the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment