Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cover Your Eyes!

I recently went to the Circus with a group of friends and loved it! One of the acts was 2 strong men performing incredible feats. Cool to see but kind of awkward as they were fairly scantily clad. At one point one of the strong men's legs went up into the air, his gladiator skirt fell down around his belly, and his whitey tighties showed. My friend promptly reached over and covered my eyes with his hand.

It was just funny in the moment, but it got me thinking about this world we live in and how often I wish a good friend would cover my eyes with his hand. It has reaffirmed my resolve to hide my own eyes from the things that pull me down spiritually. That is certainly something I have control over! It is amazing how quickly little things like seeing a strong man's whitey tighties from the nose bleed section can desensitize you to Satan's lies. I'm resolved to be more vigilant in protecting my soul from all that threatens to destroy me!

No comments:

Post a Comment